During the hot summer weather, we just naturally crave lighter foods. Salads prepared with vegetables that have a high water content are nutritious and can be the foundation of the ideal summer menu. These moist foods are cooling and refreshing while offering us nourishment that provides plenty of energy when the heat tends to slow us down.
A Zucchini Pasta Salad without the pasta? With this easy-to-prepare gourmet salad, you'll discover that the zucchini becomes the pasta. It's all in how you cut it! Enjoy this raw, main dish salad with its appealing, zesty sauce to top it off.
ZUCCHINI "PASTA" SALAD
Makes 2 to 3 servings
- Trim off ends of both zucchini and yellow crookneck squash. Using a firm chef's knife, cut into very thin slices lengthwise. Stack slices and cut them into very thin julienne to resemble spaghetti. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining vegetables.
- Prepare Creamy Cashew Basil Sauce, and serve on the side. Serve optional garnish on the side.
CREAMY CASHEW BASIL SAUCE
- Put nuts into an electric coffee grinder in small batches, and grind into a fine powder.
- Transfer powdered nuts to the blender, and add remaining ingredients. Process to a smooth, creamy sauce, and serve on the side. Makes about 1 3/4 cups (415 ml).
Click here for past firstname.lastname@example.org recipes