All the world is nuts about
What's in The Nut Gourmet
Impress your party guests with a succulent, flavorful hot dip that combines artichoke hearts, creamy tofu sauce, and crunchy pistachios. Prepare a platter of raw vegetables, serve a basket of assorted whole grain breads, and enjoy the dipping experience.
Artichoke Party Dip is one of the delicious recipes from Zel Allen's cookbook The Nut Gourmet: Nourishing Nuts for Every Occasion published by Book Publishing Company in 2006.
ARTICHOKE PARTY DIP
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (Gas Mark 4). Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid. Discard the remainder of the artichoke liquid. Chop the artichoke hearts into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces and set aside.
- Place the tofu, mayonnaise, Parmesan, garlic, rice vinegar, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, coriander, dill weed, onion powder, evaporated cane juice, and pepper in the food processor.
- Add the reserved artichoke liquid and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a 2-quart (2 liter) baking dish and stir in the artichoke hearts, green onions, and water chestnuts, mixing well.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the pistachios. Stir the remaining pistachios into the artichoke mixture. Sprinkle the top with the reserved pistachios and a dash or two of paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot. Serves 6 to 8 as a party dip or 4 to 5 as a lunch or dinner fondue.
Serving suggestion: Prepare a platter of raw vegetables and a basket of assorted whole grain breads. Then then bring on the bubbling Artichoke Party Dip.
Click here for past email@example.com recipes