All the world is nuts about
What's in The Nut Gourmet
You can always rely on this easy, no-cook preparation to bring on the compliments. Serve this hors d'oeuvre at a potluck and watch it disappear almost instantly.
Cashew Stuffed Mushrooms is one of the delicious recipes from Zel Allen's cookbook The Nut Gourmet: Nourishing Nuts for Every Occasion published by Book Publishing Company in 2006.
CASHEW STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Yield: 10 servings
- Wash the mushrooms and pat them dry. Using your thumb, press gently on the side of the stems to loosen and remove them. Set the stems aside.
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and water in a large bowl and add the mushrooms. Toss them until evenly coated. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature, tossing occasionally.
- Combine the mushroom stems, cashews, green onions, red and green bell peppers, capers, and soy sauce in the food processor. Process briefly, just until blended but still chunky.
- Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and dry them with paper towels. Stuff the cavities with the cashew mixture.
- Line a serving dish with lettuce leaves and arrange the stuffed mushrooms on top. Garnish by pressing the base of each tiny cilantro leaf into the center of the stuffing with a toothpick. For the finishing touch, push an upright pine nut into the center next to the cilantro leaf.
Click here for past firstname.lastname@example.org recipes