All the world is nuts about
What's in The Nut Gourmet
Holiday festivities usually include preparing a celebratory meal for guests. With all the typical activities that surround the family and friends gathering, you may be concerned you won't have the time to cook. Make it easy with an outstanding dish that can be assembled the day before. To warm the dish you've just taken from the refrigerator, be sure to start it heating in a cold oven to avoid cracking the pyrex.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (Gas Mark 5). Lightly oil 2 large baking sheets with canola oil. Have ready a 9 x 13 (23 x 32.5 cm) Pyrex baking dish. Place a small amount of the tomato sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and set aside.
- Wash eggplants. Leaving the skin on, slice each eggplant lengthwise at an angle to get long slices about 1/4"(.5 cm) thick. Place eggplant slices on the baking sheets and roast in 375 F (Gas Mark 5) oven for approximately 25 minutes. Test with a fork for doneness. Eggplants should be soft and pliable.
- To fill cannelloni, lay a slice of eggplant on a dish or countertop and place a heaping tablespoon of Cheesy Tofu Spread across the center horizontally. Fold over the ends and place in the baking dish with the folded ends on the bottom. Repeat with the rest of the eggplant slices.
- Spoon tomato sauce over the top.
- Bake at 375 F (Gas Mark 5) for about 20 to 25 minutes, just until heated through. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Click here for past firstname.lastname@example.org recipes