All the world is nuts about
What's in The Nut Gourmet
MANGO PASTA SALAD
If you've invited friends over for dinner and want to knock their socks off with a special summer dish, here's a recipe that makes a dramatic presentation and satisfies as well. Whenever I bring this specialty to the table, there's a moment of awed silence and then a burst of complimentary sounds. Hopefully, your experience will be as rewarding as mine.
- Spread shredded lettuce out onto an extra-large serving platter or a large shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Toss cooked pasta with just enough Sesame Soy Dressing to coat thoroughly. Arrange on top of shredded lettuce.
- In a large bowl, toss together jicama, bell pepper, red cabbage, red onion, cucumber, green onions, large mango, and thawed peas with enough Sesame Soy Dressing to coat and flavor well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange on top of cooked pasta.
- Peel and chop mango and arrange on top of salad. Garnish with several sprinkles of black sesame seeds and serve with pride. Serves 6 to 8.
SESAME SOY DRESSING
Enjoy this dressing on other tossed salads or greens throughout the year. If you're serving foods with an Asian flair, this is a great dressing to have in your repertoire.
Combine all ingredients in a 1-quart (1 liter) jar and shake well. Makes 2 cups (480 ml).
Click here for past email@example.com recipes