All the world is nuts about
What's in The Nut Gourmet
It's the new year 2000, and time for toasts and celebrations. This month we present two party recipes that add zest and spice to your holiday celebrations.
Here's the ideal punch bowl beverage to serve your guests. It's creamy, it's rich, it's gustatorial! Enjoy!
PUMPKIN APPLE NOG
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process on medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides to incorporate all the flavors.
- Pour into individual old-fashioned glasses or into a glass punch bowl.
- Sprinkle lightly with ground nutmeg and serve.
- If you prefer to add spirits, either brandy or rum make an excellent choice. Makes 2 to 3 servings.
- To prepare in quantity, it will be necessary to make this recipe in several batches. Unfortunately the blender is not large enough to prepare even a double recipe. However, it's quick and easy.
*I prefer the unsweetened soy milk for its thick creamy richness.
The recipe will still work with a sweetened soy milk.
With all our California citrus groves harvesting fruit this season, it's the ideal time to be a savvy shopper and take advantage of the freshest, locally grown navel oranges, grapefruits and tangerines. Here's an easy recipe for a fruit salad you can serve at parties, breakfast, pack for lunch, or even enjoy as a between-meal snack.
CALIFORNIA FRUIT SALAD
- Remove seeds from grapefruits and tangerines, and chop all the fruit into bite size pieces.
- Combine in a bowl.
- Add Mandarin oranges and the juice, toasted pecans, and a delicate sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint. Serves 6.
Click here for past email@example.com recipes